Monday, September 7, 2009

Sentosa Getaway ! - Part (1)

We love holidays!

Every year around this time, it would be travel shopping time. By now, we should have an idea where we will be heading to for year-end. However, this year, Jamie (our travelling kaki) and I have decided to give NATAS a miss and have a "no travel plan" for 2009 December holidays. I have been struggling with this "no travel plan" for awhile as the recent travel offers were so tempting. Fortunately, I have a "sensible" travel kaki who will pull me to the right track and keep me stay in-tune with the plan.

Nonetheless, the urge for a getaway has conquered me. I can't wait for the September school holiday to arrive and have booked for ourselves a one night stay at Rasa Sentosa for 07th Sep09.

Ryan has been looking forward to the trip and started packing his stuff since Wed. He would dig out his luggage from the messy store room and packed his thingy including his PSP, clothings and even his books. He has everything planned for in his little mind and even drafted a programme for my review. So detail of him.

Despite a Monday morning, the drive from our home to Sentosa was smooth. The weather was fine too. Neither was it too hot nor too wet and a thin layer of cloud had actually soften the sun's ray. What a day!

We were lucky to have an early check-in at about 10am. After unloading our luggage, we headed to the beach immediately. Ryan could not wait to have a dip in the salty sea and to have fun at the beach. Father and son were busy making sand castle while I was busy checking out the best spot for a quick sun-tan.

After awhile, we headed to the hotel's pool. It was here where I run into my dear Hwee Bin and her family. What a small world ! Looks like everyone is having a getaway despite the short school holidays ! Not too long ago, Hwee Bin, Chin and I just had our reunion after 27 years. Time flies, little girls have grown but the same feeling has remained unchanged after so many years. It is so amazing ! What else but fate that has brought us together !!! I am not going to let it go this time.

We played pool and table tennis at the hotel and had a sumptuous lunch buffet. Ryan really enjoyed his food and he got to eat his favourite sushi, pasta and even ratatouille ( check out the cartoon Ratatouille). And of course not forgetting his ice-creams and cakes. I had too much food too and resulted in a bad gastric during the later part of the day.

We had the sky ride and the luge in the afternoon and it was so thrilled. I discovered that Ryan is "no coward". He enjoyed the luge drive so much and was speeding all the way. Luckily hubby was always there to guard and watch him. Me, being the less valiant, was forever behind them. We had a double ride as the thrill was so strong. While on the sky ride, Ryan kept asking me to look at the sky instead of looking downwards. His encouragement and reassurance was so sweet and candid, always protecting his mummy.

In the evening, we watched an impressive musical show called Song of the Seas. A combination of laser and fire works producing a superb sound and lightings effect. The audience were memerised by the performance.

We look forward to tommorrow's programme.










1 comment:

Chia CC said...

Ryan's cool man! I like him ;)